YARAQA opportunity overview
Context: A series of monthly creative movement workshops taking place in companies / co-working spaces for adults interested in addressing their everyday mental & physical fatigue through more improvised & creative approach.
is proposing a series of monthly workshops for guided by dance experts for people in the workplace suffering from brain fog, lack of concentration, laziness, fatigue, neck or back pains due to their sedentary & technology intensive work behavior.
Opportunity: Yaraqa is proposing a series of monthly workshops for guided by dance experts for people in the workplace suffering from brain fog, lack of concentration, laziness, fatigue, neck or back pains due to their sedentary & technology intensive work behavior. Khansa/خنسا will be performing on September 2, during the evening, as part of the Concert & Performances taking place within the exhibition. The set will include live singing accompanied by dance and movement performances at different stages to highlight and accentuate the ideology that is carried in the lyrics and music.
Needed: Dance/movement expert with a creative approach to this problematic & facilitation of one month workshop
- Venue: Antwork, Hamra
- Performance: Saturday 2 September 2017, 35 - 40 minutes
- Fees: $300 per dancer including rehearsals and performance. Accommodation is provided within Beirut. (Refreshments and snacks will be provided during rehearsals)
- Format: 1 session/week of 60 to 90min for 1 month.
This workshop proposes creative movement - possibly coupled with other disciplines - to increase blood and oxygen flow to the brain, contribute to alertness & stimulate brain connectivity. These problematics are tackled through a series of techniques & exercises inspired from different movement / dance / performance disciplines. As opposed to proposing repetitive memorized fitness exercises, but rather improvised movement exercises. Unexpected ways of moving constantly engage and refresh both mind and body, as well as generate new pathways of thought and performance. Leaving them with playful and energizing exercises that they can integrate into their workday.
key skills required
- Experienced in contemporary technique, movement, theatre, & expression.
- Sensitive and vulnerable artists who are not bound to any rules that obstruct physical movement, are able to duo, and feel the need to experiment as team.
- Highly committed, strong, and physically well fit.
interested? submit your info
Help Yaraqa find out about your proposition by sharing key information useful for this opportunity: